Friday, June 20, 2008

Life's Blessings



Yesterday I spent all day at the hospital - a creepy injection of radioactive isotopes, followed by a scan where one has to lie motionless for about 45 minutes - and for sure, there is always something that gets itchy when you cannot scratch. At the end of the day I was so happy to be back in the garden with the greenery and cats, and of course all the blooms soon to come (only some daylilies, peonies and Sweet Williams so far). Without this, all the recent troubles would be harder to take: getting up in the morning, I feel like I am 80, and I'm not even 50 yet! Something wrong with the low sacroiliac part of the back (it came on suddenly out of the blue a few weeks ago) - excruciating turning over in bed, and rising is most painful. Damn! It's just not possible to take care of animals and garden without bending over, but I do - with pain, and with the help of Tylenol. Anyway, enough gloomy stuff - here are Timmy and Angel - I do it for them and all the others.

More of life's furry blessings at The Friday Ark and then Carnival of the Cats on Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. We are sorry to hear about the visit to the hospital. We hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:28 PM

    Dog's can be a best friend but I believe cat's can too.
    I recently read a book by Linda Mohr, called Tatianna. I couldn't put it down. Maybe because before I bought it I read the first line of the book, and the last line of every chapter and based on that I bought the book.
    I find this technique works as I recently went to a seminar where he said key points to look for when reading a good book. These were only some of them but the most important that I remembered.
    It's a true love story of that great bond we know between ourselves and our pets—filled with insight, introspection and a deep appreciation for the unspoken connections between man and animal.
    http://www.lindamohr.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya--Hope your back is feeling better. I have arthritis in my lower back and know how helpless and painful you can feel. In February, while recovering from abdominal surgery, I bought a couple of those "grabbers" that oldpeople use to reach things on the floor or high shelves. I got a lot of use out of it and still put it to use to reach awkward spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Laura - I am better, thanks. And I also got that grabber thingy - and it is still very useful for sure.

    ReplyDelete