Friday, March 06, 2009

In Memoriam - Billy


Dear Billy - I hope your life went well for you after we were forced to leave you behind in England when we moved to Canada over 40 years ago. Back then, a 6 month quarantine would have been required, and we just couldn't do that to you. I hope you had a happy, long and healthy life. You were named after Billy Bingham, star football (soccer) player for Luton Town, where we lived. I was told long afterward, that folks would stop and marvel at your majestic countenance as you sat in the front yard. I was very young back then, and I probably didn't pay you much attention, but, somehow, you must have made an impression on me, and set glowing that tiny spark which grew to a life-long passion for cats. I hope you have already met some of my dear ones already departed at the Rainbow Bridge: Misty and her kittens PaBoo, Bijou (these 2 I am not sure if they died or not -they just disappeared) Popeye and Sammy; Smudge, Sheena, Buster, Mitzi, PeeBee, Pumpkin and of course Mishka - the two of you would make a regal couple!

Mum and Billy c.1960-65

This post is dedicated to my mother who passed away in 2004 - it was her birthday yesterday, March 5.
























As always, there's more to see at The Friday Ark and then Carnival of the Cats on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, these are great photos of Billy, and your Mum! Billy was an incredibly handsome cat. I love the shot of him and your Mum. :)

    ReplyDelete