Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sick & Tired


Tired of being sick. Still coughing my lungs out. I am sure it is the worst flu I've had in years, and because I have asthma, my lungs always get hit worst of all. As a little girl in England, I had bronchitis every year, and even the first few years in Canada, I recall being "in bed" for 2 weeks. But, I have not felt this sick in over a decade. It's arrival was weird. It approached - hovered - retreated -and then slammed in good and proper. A very odd pattern that I've not ever expereinced before. Maybe what did me in was going in to work last Thursday - it was really important, and I just had to go - and the whole day was go-go-go. Then I collapsed for the weekend, and then some. And because we cannot stay home longer than 3 consecuvtive working days without having a doctor's note, I am attempting go back tomorrow. Why don't I have one? Well, perhaps some of you might understand: I am simply too sick to go to the doctor!

Now I shall try to go to my happy and hopeful place (deserted much too often) filled with visions of seeds sprouting, snow melting, and bulbs emerging. So, in the words of Bridget Jones, I am off to Bedfordshire....

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear that you're still under the weather. Get better soon...you don't want to miss the spring birds arriving.

    ReplyDelete