Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Scenes from Christmas Past

Where did it go?
Christmas?
 
Any ideas?

Harrumph!
What a messy table,
Just me and the cats hangin' out..
adding some class to this
Christmassy chaos.





Hmm - is somebody plotting something?

How about this innocent-looking fellow?
just the night before this....

Middle of the night crash heard,
I feared what it was,
and sure enough - it was.

Or rather, it wasn't -
anymore.

"Wasn't me", says Manitou, all cute and floofy.
"Wasn't me" says Rascal - holiday guest No.1
"Wasn't me either", says holiday guest No.2 Pantero (Reverend)
"Couldn't have been me - I don't even live here!"
Exclaims Kitty-never-seen-before-hope-he's-not-homeless-and-especially-hope-not-an-expectant-female!

Ghost - remnants,
Shape of Christmas Tree,
past.

(Mr. Poole "ain't talkin")


So what did Crazy Christmas Cat Lady do?
Must have a tree for Epiphany
It's only January 4th!
In response to suggestions to put Christmas away,
Since it came down anyway.

Oh yes, the tree rose again, sans glass balls,
Just an icy vision, mostly white and luminous,
nothing breakable.
We hang on to Christmas tightly,
despite disasters. :)



Longfellow approves of the restoration....
the brief prolongation of
holiday cheer....

...Until next year...
For auld lang syne...

Happy and Healthy New Year everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Merrylou4:01 PM

    I like that ghost of Christmas past...it looked hauntingly familiar. :) What happened to the "stoop visitor?" Looked awfully comfy with paws tucked in and in no hurry to leave....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were either very brave and optimistic, or very foolish, to put breakables on that tree. LOL. I usually put a tree up, but dispensed with the glass baubles after the first year I had Chumley and Annie. Ha.

    Surprisingly, the boys mostly ignored the tree this year, though the presents underneath garnered interest.

    Stay warm...You're just as cold as we are right now. Oh for Spring....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:52 PM

    Twas the night before Christmas....almost!
    Fabulous photos and delightful write up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your post and chuckled at the pictures. We've had a Christmas tree disaster or two over the years too, but our crowd is too mature for such nonsense now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, what a disaster to befall the Christmas tree. I'm glad you put it up again. The Spirit of Christmas will always rise again. But alas January is almost over now - but less than eleven months to go to the next Yuletide!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:33 PM

    I loved each picture. The christmas tree ghost on the floor had me laughing out loud!! A great post.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete