Thursday, September 03, 2009

New Banner - Daylilies

This new banner has turned out very nice if I may say so myself! This photo is special to me, because it was taken a few years ago in my office: on the way to work sometime in mid-late summer, I found a stalk of daylilies that perhaps a careless child had broken off then just casually threw it away onto the sidewalk. There were many unopened buds on this stalk and 2 flowers had just opened for the day. What a waste, I thought. So I picked it up, brought it to work, and figured that at least I would have those 2 blooms to enjoy for one day. The next day, of course I found 2 shrivelled flowers, but much to my surprise, 2 or 3 new blooms. And so it continued for a week or so - even the smallest buds, which I was sure would not open, finally did.

1 comment:

  1. That is a cool photo
    I'm still working on getting a fab one for my header. I keep switching them around.

    ReplyDelete